The magical hero Sax Bear returns and brings you the sequel to his "musical story" for saxophone and piano "Sax Bear Book II" ®. This edition contains the best examples of Russian music of different times, genres, and styles, most of which has never before been published. These materials are intended for all levels of students, from saxophonists early in their studies through those enrolled in higher educational institutions. It harmoniously complements the first edition, forming a complete methodological cycle for the development of a saxophonist within the framework of Russian tradition and culture.
Here you will find a CD with all the works performed together with the young and talented pianist Eva Gevorgyan. In addition, there are perfectly recorded piano-only tracks for more effective and enjoyable self-practicing. Listening carefully and analyzing the music sets the right guidelines for both the student and the teacher.
The Sax Bear Book II ® contains pieces at a variety of levels, from beginner to intermediate to advanced. They will help you improve the quality of your performance in a fun and engaging way. I wish you pleasant and productive work!
• V. Kalinnikov. Little stars
• N. Rakov.Vocalise
• A. Gretchaninov. Morning walk
• N. Rubinstein. Spinning-wheel
• A. Gretchaninov. Valse
• P. Tchaikovskiy. Maria’s lullaby from the opera «Mazepa»
• I. Shiltzeva. Jolly Charleston «Moska and an elephant»
• A. Rubinstein. Melody
• A. Khachaturian. Romance from «Masquerade Suite»
• S. Rachmaninov. Romance «Here is so nice»
• N. Rimsky-Korsakov. Song of the Indian guest
• A. Khachaturian. Lezginka from the ballet «Gayaneh»
Sax Bear Book contains:
• 3 books (Piano part, Saxophone in ES, Saxophone in B)
• CD disk with recording of all works from the Book (Sergey Kolesov - saxophone, Andrey Shibko - piano)
• CD disk with piano part for self practicing